Friday, April 18, 2008

4 weeks from today....

Gus will be a big brother, and I'll be holding a newborn in my arms.

We scheduled the C section for May 16th. Cross your fingers for me that the Dr. gets safely back from his trip to Germany the day before. If he doesn't I'll have the back-up OB deliver baby, but I prefer my Dr. He delivered Gus and is quite the character- and very experienced and practiced. A true cowboy OB/GYN. Well, that's what you get in Okanogan County.

This pregnancy has literally blown by for me, I guess working 40 hours a week and being a mom to Gus has probably helped that along. Maybe these last four weeks will pass slowly.

I am filled with so many emotions: anxiety, bittersweet feelings, and curiosity, but overall I am just darn excited.

Its been nearly 3 years since Gus was a newborn, and I am starting to wonder if its like riding a bike, I hope I haven't fallen out of practice with newborn care. This time, I'll have my right-hand man, helping me along. Gus informed me the other day that the dominoes he was playing with were a no-no for baby. "Baby might choke on these" he said. Thanks, buddy.

Have a good weekend. Its Matt's birthday weekend- we'll be having tri-tip barbeque and carrot cake with Grandpa Tim and Grammy Kath.

2 comments:

Mama Ike said...

Seriously, you can go get mani pedis and let gus watch out for the dominoes. : ) What a cutie.

WT said...

As a rule if something is a choking hazard for Dad it's gonna be a choking hazard for baby.
Uncle Wally