Thursday, August 21, 2008

Success!

Our first week back to work and into daycare went very smoothly. I love my new schedule and hope to keep it this way for as long as I can. Lucy only took 8 ounces of milk the first two days, but today she figured it out and drank 12 ounces (3 bottles). I am pumping milk at work, which is a whole new experience- a little awkward at times. Motherhood has given me super multitasking skills so its not too much of a hassle for me. However, washing bottles each night is sort of a pain.

Lucy has also fallen into a groove with the routine- when we get home we try to eat dinner and give her a bath by 7 ish, then she zonks out. She slept through the night after her first two daycare days (7:30 pm till 6:30 am). Cross your fingers for me that she does it again tonight. I think playing with Evie and seeing all the big kids come and go must really wear the girl out!

We are headed to Spokane this weekend to celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary. Grandpa Dick and Grandma Connie are keeping the kiddos overnight so Matt and I can have a wonderful night out on the town. We are thinking: A fun cocktail at the Davenport, sushi at Raw, and then we are headed to the Hotel Lusso. And no, we aren't having any more babies.

This turned into a long post. Thanks for reading,

Shay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 6 years! Have a fun fun time!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Have a fantastic weekend.

Katie said...

Has it really been 6 years! Time really flys when your having fun.