Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Keenan O'Brien

Gus wants to wish his second cousin, Keenan Gideon, a happy 1st birthday. My cousin Darby and his wife, Autemn, have a beautiful family and Keenan is their littlest.

My perception of birthdays has now changed quite a bit since becoming a parent. I think birthdays are really special. I always did, you know, its the day you were born and it acts as your own personal holiday. But now I think they are so much more than that. For the parent, its "Meet-Your-Baby day." Or it could be "Double the size of your heart day." For the child, it is something like "Finally I get to suck on boob-day." Or perhaps "Meet-the-parents day."

And then when you look back at your childs first year, you think about how much they have accomplished, grown, and how much more they have to look forward to.

Well that was enough sappiness for the day, huh. I gotta get to work.

Gus got me up early at 4:30; he has two new molars cutting through on top, and he is cranky these days. (now, so am I).

No comments: