Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome Lucy Kathleen






Well, the blog voters were right: we had a girl! Lucille Kathleen was born May 16th, 2008 at 10:51 am. She was 7 pounds, 11 ounces with a head of dark hair. (same weight and hair as momma, 29 years ago). She has absolutely melted our hearts and is the perfect baby (I know all mothers say this bit, so just bear with me). Gus is a great big brother, loves to kiss her and is very gentle with her. "Good morning, Lucy" he said this morning.

The birth was very easy and just as exciting as last time- even though it was a scheduled C section. When they said "we have a girl" it was the best moment ever.

Well I have a little hungry girl in the next room, so I gotta get. I will post more details later.
Thanks for all the support and well wishes- We are very thankful to be a happy and healthy - and now complete- family unit.


2 comments:

Mama Ike said...

She is so beautiful and precious! I'm tearing up just looking at her. Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world little girl! We can't wait to meet you! p.s.: want to borrow your friend Cora's clothes? have your mama let me know. Love, Brooke

Unknown said...

Congrats Matt, Shay, and Gus! She is adorable and already looks like her mom. We love you all and can't wait to meet Lucy.

Love,

Dan, Misty, Ian, and baby on the way O'Brien